Day 64: Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Underway: 0:00 am      Motor Off: 0:00 pm      Miles Traveled: 00      Stayed At: City Dock

Mile 223 to Mile 223: We are still in Fort Walton Beach. The wind is even stronger today than yesterday. Deciding when to go and when to stay is probably the most difficult decision we have to make each day. We can’t wait for perfection – we would never get anywhere and yet it is much safer and more enjoyable to have comfortable travel conditions. The second most difficult decision is where to stay. It needs to be safe but we also need at least one or two backup options in case the weather changes and we need to bail out or change our plans. We can’t just pull over to the side of the road and wait it out.

One advantage of being somewhat disconnected and not watching TV at all is we haven’t been driven insane by the political ads this season. We have had a few robocalls on the cell phones but otherwise have been wonderfully oblivious to the continuous barrage.

Cindy has been enjoying all the downtime reading ebooks on her new Nook. I came back to the boat after dark yesterday and she was snuggled in the v-berth reading in the dark. She has read more books in the last few weeks than she read the previous 20 years. She just hasn’t had free time to read. She only “read” on her commute by listening to audiobooks. I have been loading 2-3 books per week to keep her well stocked with material. She still hasn’t taken time for a nap though. Maybe tomorrow if we are still here.

One thought on “Ditto

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>